You want to develop an application with Python and Flask? Here you have the chance to learn by example. In this tutorial, we will create a simple microblogging application. It only supports one user that can create text-only entries and there are no feeds or comments, but it still features everything you need to get started. We will use Flask and SQLite as a database (which comes out of the box with Python) so there is nothing else you need.
If you want the full source code in advance or for comparison, check out the example source.
- Introducing Flaskr
- Step 0: Creating The Folders
- Step 1: Database Schema
- Step 2: Application Setup Code
- Step 3: Database Connections
- Step 4: Creating The Database
- Step 5: The View Functions
- Step 6: The Templates
- Step 7: Adding Style
- Bonus: Testing the Application