You want to develop an application with Python and Flask? Here you have the chance to learn that by example. In this tutorial we will create a simple microblog application. It only supports one user that can create text-only entries and there are no feeds or comments, but it still features everything you need to get started. We will use Flask and SQLite as database which comes out of the box with Python, so there is nothing else you need.
If you want the full sourcecode in advance or for comparison, check out the example source.
- Introducing Flaskr
- Step 0: Creating The Folders
- Step 1: Database Schema
- Step 2: Application Setup Code
- Step 3: Creating The Database
- Step 4: Request Database Connections
- Step 5: The View Functions
- Step 6: The Templates
- Step 7: Adding Style
- Bonus: Testing the Application